Wrestle Like a Girl Event Request 2017
What is the difference between a Wrestle Like A Girl Empowerment Camp and a Wrestle Like A Girl clinic?
Wrestle Like A Girl Empowerment Camps are 2-day commuter camps where WLAG coordinates attendee registration and payment, is covered under WLAG insurance and supplies WLAG camp attendee gear. The average cost of attendance is $125 per attendee and group rates are available.
- 2-Day Empowerment commuter camp
- 2, 2-hour sessions per day and will include sport and performance psychology
- Registration opens 9AM - 9:50AM
- Session 1 from 10AM - 12
- Lunch Break 12 - 1 PM (Bring your own lunch)
- Session 2 from 1-3 PM
- Repeated day 2
Logistics and Equipment
- The camp will be held on our platform, TeamGoYo/Wrestlelikeagirl.org for registration
- The cost is $125 per camper (includes shirt and sport journal)
- We’ll need at least 2 wrestling mats
- Lunch is NOT included
- Feel free to reach out to media to gain support and help promote
- 50 - 100 attendees
- WLAG will help recruit attendees via social media, email and female wrestling networks)
- We need a minimum of 30 registered attendees signed up 2-weeks out to ensure camp success
- All clinicians will have background check, be SafeSport Certified and have concussion training
- 2+ high level, elite athlete female wrestling clinicians. Number of clinicians will reflect the number of enrolled camp attendees 2 weeks out of camp date.
Become a Title Sponsor for WLAG Empowerment Camp $2,500
- Title Sponsor gets name recognition on all social media and printed materials.
- Title Sponsor gets name on a 4x5 banner that will be posted in a high visibility/traffic area for the sponsored Empowerment Camp(s).
- Title Sponsor gets 50 camp attendee 'scholarship' slots to fill (attendees must register on wrestlelikeagirl.org for shirt size and to sign waivers/agreements). Any attendees beyond the 50 scholarship slots must pay full registration price.
- All 2018 Title Sponsors will get name recognition at the ‘Unite and Ignite’ SportsWomen Power Summit & Wrestle Like A Girl Gala.
- All attendees will receive a WLAG shirt with logo on the front. Any additional printing will be at the Title Sponsors expense and graphic/wording must be pre-approved by WLAG Camp Director.
A Wrestle Like A Girl clinic is organized by an outside entity and WLAG will supply a clinician that is educated in the WLAG teaching of technical wrestling, empowerment conversation, and sport psychology.
Clinician Support For Established Clinic
- The host organization pays clinician honorarium ($500- $2500 depending on athlete), transportation and lodging.
- Host organization pays for WLAG Sport Journal for all attendees ($20 retail; bulk purchase discounts will apply).
- Host organization coordinates all aspects of the clinic and WLAG will supply the clinician with signed contract and honorarium agreement.
- Host organization retains all proceeds from the clinic beyond what is paid to WLAG/Clinician for support per contractual agreement.